There are many e-signature solutions available on the market today, so what makes SmartVault's e-signature solution, powered by DocuSign, better than the rest?
Our e-signature solution allows SmartVault Account Admins to purchase Envelopes and KBAs as needed without additional subscription or user licensing fees.
What are Envelopes and KBAs?
- Envelopes are what you send documents out in to be e-signed.
- KBAs are optional ways to verify a signer's identity better. Find out more about creating a new e-signature account via SmartVault.
How It Works
Each SmartVault User/Employee who needs to send documents out for e-signature should have their own DocuSign login and password. Otherwise, the Administrator of the DocuSign account created via SmartVault will get email notifications and updates on every document that each SmartVault User on their account sends out for e-signature.
- A DocuSign Administrator can add user licenses to their DocuSign account and invite other employees to the account.
- Once invited to the DocuSign account, each employee should activate their DocuSign account and then follow these steps to complete the integration with SmartVault.
With Envelopes, you can include any single document or file up to 25MB in size that can be emailed to any number of people to be e-signed.
- Over 30 different file types can be sent for e-signature, Including: .pdf, .docx, .txt, .xlsx, .pptx, .html, .jpg, .gif, and .tiff.
- You can send a single document out for e-signature to multiple people using just 1 Envelope.
- If you require advanced signer verification through a personal fact-checking questionnaire (also known as a KBA), you will need to include one or more KBAs in the Envelope you send.
KBAs (Knowledge-Based Authentications) are advanced ID checks that include 3rd party verification of a signer's identity.
- Each signer's identity verified via KBA incurs an additional cost.
- KBAs are required by law when signing certain sensitive documents, such as IRS Tax Forms 8878 & 8879.
- You cannot use a KBA without an Envelope.
SmartVault's E-Signature Features
No additional monthly or annual subscription costs.
- Much like a utility company, most e-signature solution providers charge you a monthly fee and a consumption fee.
- All SmartVault plans, except Business Basic and Standard, get access to SmartVault's e-signature feature for free!
No additional "per User" licensing fee.
- E-signature solution providers typically charge additional licensing fees for each user added to an account.
- Feel free to invite 1, 10, or all other Admins and Users/Employees to your e-signature account created via SmartVault at no additional cost.
E-Signature Envelopes and KBAs purchased through SmartVault never expire.
- Most e-signature solutions include Envelopes and KBAs that expire at the end of the month or billing period.
- Envelopes and KBAs purchased through SmartVault are attached to your account and will never expire as long as your SmartVault account remains active.
Did you buy too many Envelopes or KBAs this tax season? Not to worry, you can still use them next year!
Pay per use or buy in bulk and save.
- Many e-signature plans limit how many Envelopes you can send per month or require you to pay a hefty subscription fee to lower your cost per Envelope.
- SmartVault keeps things simple: you can purchase a single Envelope or KBA if you wish or, if you buy them in bundles of 50 at a time, you can save 20%!
Super easy and very secure.
- Typical e-signature solutions force you to sign in to their website, search for the document on your computer, then upload that document to their website before you can send it out for e-signature.
- Once enabled, all you have to do to send a file out for e-signature from SmartVault is: right-click on the document in the Connected Desktop and select "Get Signature" from the drop-down menu - that's it!
Find out more about how to create a new e-signature account via SmartVault.