You can scan documents directly into a secure folder in SmartVault using the SmartVault Inbox and a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner. Document storage and upload have never been more accessible.
For a list of supported scanners, see Supported Scanners.
- Create SmartVault ScanSnap profiles for your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.
- Right-click on your ScanSnap icon in the system tray and select Scan Button Settings.
If your scanner is not plugged in, the icon will appear with a red no symbol around it. Your scanner must have a connection to be used with the SmartVault Inbox.
- Under Profile, select SmartVault Inbox, then click Apply and then OK.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad and sign in if prompted.
- Click SmartVault Inbox.
- Select the All Folders tab.
- Navigate to the folder to which you're uploading documents and click
- Leave the Upload Documents window open. Place your document into the Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, and then press the Scan button on the scanner.
- Depending on which SmartVault tools you currently have open, a dialog window appears asking for the destination of your scan. Click Inbox.
- The Upload Documents window now contains a preview of your scan, a file name, and a description for the scanned document.
- Click Accept if the information is correct. Otherwise, correct the name and description information and then click Accept.
SmartVault uploads the scanned document.
If you want to create full-text searchable PDFs when scanning, ensure you enable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities after creating your SmartVault Inbox ScanSnap profile. For more information, see Configure a Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanner.