If you have a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, you can use SmartVault ScanSnap profiles with your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner to quickly transition to a paperless office with online document storage.
First, create SmartVault ScanSnap profiles on your local computer. Then use the SmartVault Inbox to scan documents into folders in the SmartVault Portal quickly.
Also, if you use QuickBooks, you can use the SmartVault Toolbar to quickly scan and attach documents to more than 30 QuickBooks entries.
For more information:
- See Understanding and Creating Full-Text Searchable Documents
- See How to Create Multi-Page PDFs or Single Page PDFs with a ScanSnap Scanner
Creating SmartVault ScanSnap Profiles
To create SmartVault ScanSnap profiles for a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner:
- Use the SmartVault ScanSnap Profile Maker to create a SmartVault ScanSnap profile for your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner by completing the following steps:
- On the SmartVault Launchpad, click Fujitsu ScanSnap Integration.
- Verify that Fujitsu ScanSnap Manager is installed on your computer, and then click Create Profiles. SmartVault creates a SmartVault Inbox profile and a SmartVault Toolbar profile for your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.
- Review the confirmation message, and then click Close.
- In the notification area of your computer desktop, left-click the ScanSnap icon and verify that the following two profiles display:
- SmartVault Inbox
- SmartVault Toolbar
- The following image shows the two SmartVault ScanSnap profiles that should be displayed after running the SmartVault ScanSnap Profile Maker program.
- By default, the SmartVault Inbox profile is selected. You can use the SmartVault Inbox profile to scan documents into secure folders using the SmartVault Inbox.
- If you use QuickBooks and want to scan and attach documents directly to QuickBooks' entries using the SmartVault Toolbar, select the SmartVault Toolbar profile.
Note: For more information, see Attaching Documents to QuickBooks Entries Using the SmartVault Toolbar.
- If you want to create full-text searchable PDF files, enable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities for your SmartVault Inbox profile and your SmartVault Toolbar profile by completing the following steps:
If you enable OCR capabilities for the SmartVault Inbox and SmartVault Toolbar profile, it will typically take a more extended amount of time to scan a document. This extra time is required for the scanning software that comes with your Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner to perform text recognition operations on the scanned document and to create a searchable PDF.
- Right-click the ScanSnap icon in the notification area of your computer desktop.
- Select Scan Button Settings.
- On the File option tab, in the Select OCR area, enable the Convert to Searchable PDF checkbox.
- Click OK to confirm that you understand that it may take extra time for the scan to complete due to the processing time required for the scanner software to process the scan and perform text recognition functions.
- In the OCR options area, select All pages, and then click OK.
- Click Yes to save the new settings for the profile.