If you have a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, you can use it to scan documents directly to the SmartVault Toolbar, the SmartVault Inbox, or the Connected Desktop.
You must install the ScanSnap software first. You will receive this error if your ScanSnap software is not installed.
Make sure your SmartVault Desktop client is installed and working.
For additional information about working with a ScanSnap scanner, see:
- Scanning Documents Using the SmartVault Connected Desktop and a Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanner
- Scanning Documents Using the SmartVault QuickBooks Toolbar and a Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanner
- Scanning Documents Using the SmartVault Inbox and a Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanner
- Understanding and Creating Full-Text Searchable Documents.
- How to Create Multi-Page PDFs or Single Page PDFs with a ScanSnap Scanner
- Getting Started Guide Contents for Tax Accountants
We support ScanSnap models S300, S1300, S1500, and iX 500.
If you are using an older scanner, or you receive an error when attempting to create the ScanSnap profiles automatically, find out how to create the SmartVault ScanSnap profiles manually.
Configuring a Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanner
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad and sign in if prompted.
- Click Fujitsu ScanSnap Setup in the Launchpad.
- In the ScanSnap integration window, click Create Profiles.
- Click Close.
Create Full-text Searchable PDF Files When Scanning
You can enable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities for your SmartVault Inbox profile and your SmartVault Toolbar profile.
If you enable OCR capabilities for the SmartVault Inbox and SmartVault Toolbar profile, typically, the scanning takes longer.
- Right-click on the ScanSnap icon in the system tray of your computer desktop.
- Click Scan Button Settings.
- On the File option tab, in the Select OCR area, enable the Convert to Searchable PDF checkbox.
- Click OK to confirm that you understand extra time is needed to process the scan and perform text recognition functions.
- In the OCR options area, select All pages, and then click OK.
- Click Yes to save the new settings for the profile.