If you have a TWAIN-compliant scanner, you can connect it to your computer or network without any additional setup. With SmartVault, you can conveniently scan and upload documents using these scanners. To make your documents searchable, you must activate Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities for your TWAIN-compliant scanner and generate full-text searchable PDFs.
Remember to consult your scanner's documentation for more information on connecting it to your computer or network.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad.
- Click SmartVault Inbox.
- Select the All Folders tab.
- Navigate through your SmartVault account using the right-facing black arrows, and choose the folder where you want to upload your document.
- Click Add.
- Under Scanner, select your TWAIN-compliant scanner from the menu.
- Place your document into your scanner.
- On the SmartVault Inbox Attach Documents dialog box, click Scan. SmartVault scans the document into the SmartVault Inbox.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the document.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the document.
- Click Accept to complete the process.