Since most TWAIN compliant scanners are plug-and-play, generally, all you need to do is connect the scanner to your computer or network. Select the scanner from the drop-down list in the SmartVault Inbox, and then scan; No additional configuration is required.
For more information about connecting your scanner to your computer or network, see your scanner documentation.
If you want to create full-text searchable PDFs when scanning, ensure you enable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities for your TWAIN-compliant scanner. For more information, see Understanding and Creating Full-Text Searchable Documents.
1. Open the SmartVault Launchpad.
2. Click SmartVault Inbox.
3. Select the All Folders tab.
4. Click on the right-facing black arrows to navigate in your SmartVault account, and then select the folder where you want to upload your document.
5. Click Add.
6. Under Scanner, select your TWAIN-compliant scanner from the menu.
7. Place your document into your scanner.
8. On the SmartVault Inbox Attach Documents dialog box, click Scan. SmartVault scans the document into the SmartVault Inbox.
9. In the Name field, specify a name for the document.
10. In the Description field, specify a description for the document.
11. Click Accept.