This guide provides instructions on completely uninstalling the SmartVault Desktop client or installing the SmartVault Desktop Client on a new machine.
- Close QuickBooks and exit SmartVault by right-clicking on the SmartVault icon in the system tray and selecting Exit.
- Navigate to the Windows Control Panel. Select Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features from there.
- In the program list, locate SmartVault and click Uninstall or Remove.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to uninstall SmartVault.
- Open Windows File Explorer. You can do this by pressing the Windows key + E on your keyboard, clicking the folder icon on your taskbar (if available), or searching for "File Explorer" in the search bar next to the Windows Start button.
- In the address bar of File Explorer, type "%appdata%" and press Enter.
- Find and delete the SmartVault folder.
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files x86 folder. Find and delete the SmartVault folder in this location.
- Click the Windows Start button and type "Regedit" to open the Registry Editor.
- Within "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE," delete all "SmartVault" entries by right-clicking each "SmartVault" entry and selecting Delete.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click Install desktop app from the home page.
- The installation file downloads and appears in the Download bar of your browser.
- Follow the prompts and run the installation package.
- Complete the installation wizard following the prompts on your screen.