Before Getting Started
Keep in mind that documents are not stored locally and are only associated through a unique ID in SmartVault. All documents reside on the SmartVault servers. For more information, see Troubleshooting Guide: Reckon Accounts Toolbar.
You must have Full Access (RWCD) permissions on the Applications\QuickBooks\Documents> folder in SmartVault to move and attach documents in the SmartVault Toolbar.
Attaching a Document to a Reckon Accounts Entry
- Open your company file and navigate to the entry you want to attach your document to or create a new entry.
Note: For this example, we will use a bill from a vendor.
- Click the Attach icon at the top of the SmartVault Toolbar to access the Attach Document window.
- Click Inbox to select your document.
- Select your document and click Move.
- If your document's location does not automatically appear, click Browse or click the black right-pointing triangle icons to move through the folders in your account.
- Now when you access the bill, the View Documents icon in the Toolbar has a 1 next to it. This indicates the number of documents attached to the entry.
For a complete list of the Desktop transactions that support attaching documents, see Supported Reckon Accounts Transactions.