You can edit a document that is in the Portal by downloading a copy, making the edits, and then uploading the document to the Portal.
Editing a Document in the Portal
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Navigate to the vault or folder containing the document you want to edit.
3. Click on the document.
4. On the preview page that opens, click Download.
5. This step depends on the web browser you are using:
- Chrome: The default browser setting automatically downloads files to your Downloads folder. When the file finishes downloading, it appears at the bottom of the browser. Click the arrow on the document and select Show in folder.
- Firefox: Click Download, then choose Save File and click OK. A menu appears displaying the file you just downloaded. Click the folder icon to open the folder containing the downloaded file.
- Internet Explorer: When you click Download, a message appears allowing you to choose an action. Click Save. A new message appears informing you that the download is complete. Click Open folder.
6. Open the file, make your edits, and save the changes.
7. In the SmartVault Portal, navigate to the vault or folder in which you want to save your edited document.
8. Under Vault Tasks, click Upload Files.
9. Drag the file into the Upload Files window.
Note: Alternatively, click Browse to find and select the file.
8. Click Send Email Notification if you want to inform a SmartVault user via email that this file has changed; otherwise, click Close. Your edited file overwrites the existing file in SmartVault, and your document now contains the changes you made.
Renaming Files Downloaded Multiple Times
If a file is downloaded multiple times, your computer will automatically rename the file to avoid duplicate files.
For example, your file might be named Time Off Request and Policy.docx, but the file might be changed to Time Off Request and Policy (1).docx if downloaded twice.
If this is the case, or if the file name changes for any other reason, the file will not overwrite the existing file in SmartVault when you upload it. Instead, the file will be stored in SmartVault using the changed file name.
If you want to avoid this, rename the file to the original name before uploading it to SmartVault.