If you use Intuit Tax, you can create new containers within SmartVault and then redistribute your clients accordingly.
Container names must be 3 characters long (including the "-" character) and contain no spaces, such as A-A, A-B, A-C, A-F, A-H, and A-M.
You cannot create overlapping containers (for example, A-A and A-D) and redistributing your clients from one to the other.
Creating a Container and Redistributing Clients
For the example below, we will create a 0-9 container.
- From the Advanced view, under Container Tasks, click Create New Container.
- Enter 0-9 in the Container Name field, and then click Create Container.
- Right-click on the Clients container and select Redistribute Clients.
- Click Submit Redistribute Request.
- Right-click on the Clients container and select Refresh. Clients have been redistributed in the 0-9 container.
Important Information When Creating Containers
When creating new containers, keep the following in mind:
- You must create all of your new containers first and then redistribute your clients accordingly.
- You cannot create sub-containers (a container within another container).