You may receive the "Access Denied Your rights may have changed" error:
There are two possible causes for this error:
- You have recently updated the SmartVault Desktop software.
- Your access to a QuickBooks company file has been changed by your account administrator. If this is the case, contact your account administrator and have them verify that you have appropriate access to SmartVault.
Resolving This Error If You Have Recently Updated SmartVault
If you recently updated the SmartVault Desktop software, take the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Open the SmartVault LaunchPad and click SmartVault User Settings.
- On the Preferences tab, disable the Remember my user name checkbox, and then click OK.
- Completely close out of the SmartVault Desktop software by right-clicking on the taskbar icon and selecting Exit.
- Press the Windows key and the letter E at the same time to bring up the File Explorer.
- Type %appdata% and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Open the SmartVault folder and double-click the Cache folder.
- Delete all of the folders and files located in this folder.
- Log back into SmartVault.