You may receive the following "Padding is invalid and cannot be removed" error message:
Resolving This Error
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad.
- Right-click on the SmartVault taskbar icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
If you are not signed in, the SmartVault icon will be grayed out.
- Select Check for updates.
- The SmartVault Updater might indicate that your version of SmartVault is current.
Or the SmartVault Updater might indicate that your version of SmartVault is out-of-date. The update will automatically download.
- Click OK to install the update and then follow the installation wizard's instructions to complete the installation of the update.
If you are still having issues updating, contact Support.