If you accidentally delete or overwrite an article or folder, don't panic! All SmartVault plans include version history and the recycle bin.
You can always restore a deleted file or folder from the recycle bin.
Restoring a Deleted File or Folder
To restore a deleted file or folder:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Go to the vault or folder that contains the file which was deleted.
- Click the Container properties icon.
- Click the Recycle Bin tab.
- Enable the checkbox next to the items you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
Recycle Bin Permissions
To have access to the recycle bin, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are a member of the SmartVault Administrators group.
- On a Tax Plan, you are a member of the Employees group.
- You are a member of the Vault Managers group or the Full Access group for the vault where the deleted folder or file was located.
- You have created permissions for the folder that contained the deleted document or for the parent folder that contained the deleted folder.