When you give someone access to a vault, they get access to all of the folders within it. If you add new folders, they have access to those as well.
You give access to a vault by giving access to all members of a particular group. If you place someone in the group, they receive the group's permissions for each folder in the vault.
If you have multiple vaults, you should only give access to guests or clients at the vault level if the vault only contains data for that guest or client.
Sharing a Vault Using Manage Group Members
This example documents the only method of vault sharing for Business and non-Tax plans. For both Tax and Accounting plans, the process outlined should only be used in certain situations. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- From the Advanced view, in the left tree pane, expand the account (blue globe icon) and select the vault (file cabinet icon).
- In the right task pane, click the gear icon.
- Click Manage Group Members.
- Choose the type of access you would like to give.
- Click Add Member.
- If you see the user in the list, select them. If not, click Invite User Not in List.
- Follow the prompts.