It's easy to add an employee to your SmartVault account. After adding an employee, an email is automatically sent to the employee, which allows them to activate their account and access SmartVault.
To add a new employee, you must have an available license. Find out more about adding additional licenses.
Adding an Employee
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click Manage Employees.
- Click the + Add Employee button.
The + Add Employee button will appear deactivated if you don't have available licenses in your SmartVault account.
- Enter the employee's information.
The fields: First Name, Last Name, and Email are required.
- Select the Group Membership depending on the privileges you want to give the user.
- Select this option to provide the employee with access across the entire account.
- Account Employee
- Select this option to allow the employee to work with all clients in SmartVault. They have Read, Write, Create, and Delete permissions on all folders in the Client's Container.
- Assigned Employee
- Select this option if you want the employee to only work with clients to whom they are assigned. They have Read, Write, and Delete permissions on only their client's folders.
- Seasonal Worker
- Select this option if you want to give seasonal worker privileges to the employee. This access is temporary and runs from December 15 to April 30th.
- Ensure the checkbox for Invite Employee is enabled if you want to invite the employee and click Save.
This action creates the employee and sends an activation email to the user.
- The employee needs to activate their account to start using SmartVault.
You may receive one of the following error messages when adding an employee.
This error message indicates that one of the form fields has a syntax error, such as a space in an email address.
Check the field that is highlighted in red to identify and fix the error.
This error message indicates that you don't have enough licenses to add this employee.
Find out more about adding additional licenses.
This error message indicates that the user already exists as a guest.
You can not associate a SmartVault user ID with more than one type of account at a time.