The SmartVault Files and Folders is the place where you can easily upload, download, and share documents.
This article will give you a better understanding of navigating your files and folders and using the available actions.
Navigating the Files and Folders View
To access the Files and Folder view, select Files and Folders from the left sidebar.
The Files and Folders view displays each vault you have access to and detailed information in columns like Name, Content, and Last-Modified date.
- The Content column displays the number of files inside a folder, making it easy to identify if a folder has content or is empty. This new feature saves unnecessary clicking and prevents you from opening empty folders.
Your account's name will display on the top left of the screen and the top of the right pane.
The Details pane (right pane) displays the selected vault's detailed information and the available actions.
You will see Rows per page at the bottom of the screen, where you can specify the maximum number of rows you want to appear per page. Select from 10, 20, 30, 50, or 100.
Use the search bar to locate a specific file or document within the vault or folder.
The Files and Folders page displays the content in alphanumeric order by default, but you can sort the content by clicking the column header (Name and Last Modified) to sort your files and folders ascending or descending.
If a sort occurs, the folders will remain grouped, and the sort will affect the files that exist in the folders.
Select any file or document and click the Actions button.
Select Download from the Actions menu to save it to your device.
If you need to download multiple files, you can select them and click Download on the Details panel.
For more information, see Downloading your Files as a Guest User.
This action keeps the file or document in the original location, allowing you to choose a different place to store a copy.
- Select the file you want to copy and click the Actions button.
- Select Copy from the Actions menu.
- From the Manage Files screen, tick the checkbox for the vault you want to copy the file to and click Save changes.
You can only upload files to the Vaults and Folders to which you have access. If you have access to upload files to a particular folder, hovering the mouse over the folder will show the Upload icon.
- Click the Upload icon for the folder where you want to upload the file.
- Click Upload a file to browse for the file or drag and drop it into the window.
- Click Save file. A confirmation message appears.
- Click the x to close the message.
For more information, see Uploading Files as a Guest User.
You can view your files without having to download them first. Locate the file you want to view and click to open it.
The file opens in the new Document Preview window.
The Details pane (right pane) will display properties, access, and additional information about the file.
Click Back to close the Preview window.
Preview File Actions
When previewing files, you can perform the following actions:
- Download - click Download to save the file to your device.
- Open or Print PDF - Click the Actions button and select Open or Print PDF to open the file on your PDF reader or to print it.
- Copy - Click the Actions button and select Copy to store a copy of the file in a different place.
- Pagination - use the pagination feature (bottom left of the window) to navigate the file across multiple pages. Use the arrows to move to the next or previous page.
- Page Thumbnails - click to see the document pages' miniature previews and jump quickly to a selected page.
- Zoom - Zoom in/out your page preview by using the "-" and "+" icons, or select any of the pre-defined zooming levels of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%.