The Email Capture functionality comes with the new SmartVault Outlook plug-in. It offers an automated way to sync Outlook emails with your SmartVault client folders. You can sync emails based on the sender, subject line, or internal conversation Id.
You must install the Outlook plug-in on your device to use Email Capture. The Outlook plug-in is not available for Mac users.
After installation, the SmartVault plug-in appears on the Outlook ribbon.
Syncing emails with Email Capture
To sync emails with Email Capture:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the email(s) you want to sync and click Sync Now.
- In Sync Now, you can see the selected email(s) information and the options to sync.
Choose the sync option to apply to the specified email(s).
- Enable Sync all emails from the sender to sync emails automatically from the same sender (email address) to the location you select in the next step.
- Enable Sync all emails of the conversation to sync emails with the same subject line and conversation Id to the location you select in the next step.
- Enable Sync only the selected email (sender and subject line) to sync the single instance of the email (email address, subject line, and conversation Id individually).
The sync applied will be used for all current and future elements of the email thread.
- Go to the location where you want to upload the email(s) and click Sync Now.
If you select a location where you cannot upload files, the Sync Now button appears inactive.
- You will receive a success notification. Click Ok.
- Synced emails are categorized by type, and use a color label to help you identify the sync applied to them. Also, you can see the sync applied in the SmartVault column. Here's an example of how synced emails will appear in your email inbox.
- To view the synced emails in SmartVault, you can open the Portal and go to the folder you selected to upload the email(s).
If the email conversation has the same subject line, including the prefix RE:, it will overwrite the previous copy to prevent filling your folder when synced. However, SmartVault keeps a version history of the file so that you can review that particular version anytime.