The Email Capture functionality comes with the new SmartVault Outlook plug-in. It offers an automated way to capture email conversations in Outlook and store them in a specified client folder in SmartVault. The new feature will enable you to file email conversations with clients into their SmartVault folder from your Outlook inbox with a few clicks, bringing you a streamlined and efficient document workflow.
You can sync emails based on the sender, subject line, or internal conversation Id.
- To use the Email Capture, you must install the Outlook plug-in.
- Email Capture is not available for Mac users.
After installation, the SmartVault plug-in displays on the Home tab of the Outlook ribbon.
Syncing emails with Email Capture
You can automatically sync email(s) to a selected location in SmartVault based on the sender, subject line, or internal conversation Id.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the email(s) you want to sync and click Sync Now.
- The Sync Now modal opens. Here you can see the selected email(s) information and the options to set up the syncing.
Choose the Sync option you want to apply to the specified email(s).
- Sync all emails from the sender - this option will set a rule to sync emails automatically from the same sender (email address) to the location you select in the next step.
- Sync all emails of the conversation - this option will set a rule to sync emails with the same subject line and conversation Id to the location you select in the next step.
- Sync only the selected email (sender and subject line) - this option will sync the single instance of the email (email address, subject line, and conversation Id individually).
The Sync applied to the selected email(s) will be used for all current and future elements of the email thread.
- Navigate to the location where you want to upload the email(s) and click Sync Now.
If you select a location where you cannot upload files, the Sync Now button is shown disabled.
- You will get a successful sync notification. Click Ok.
- The synced emails are categorized with a color tag to help you identify the type of sync applied to the email. Also, the type of sync applied displays in the SmartVault column. Here is an example of how synced emails will appear in your email inbox.
- To see the synced emails in SmartVault, open the Portal and navigate to the folder you selected to upload the email(s).
If the email conversation has the same subject line, even including the prefix RE:, it will overwrite the previous copy to prevent filling your folder when synced. However, SmartVault keeps a version history of the file so that you can review that particular version anytime.