With Docdown, you can easily customize your documents by adding fillable areas and visually test how they will be generated.
- In this example below, we are customizing an Intake form.
- We also offer a Demo Document you can use to learn more about fillable forms and get started crafting your documents.
To add fillable fields to your PDF:
- Click Documents from the navigation sidebar.
- Click New Document.
- Upload the file you want to convert into a fillable PDF.
- Click the uploaded file to open the Document Editor.
- In the top-left, you will find the Editor Toolbar with all the data types you can add to your document.
- Choose the field type from the Editor Toolbar and drag it to the document. You can choose text, number, checkbox, date, signature, and image.
- Drag and drop the field into your document, add a name, click Create Field, and set its properties.
As you add the fields to the document, the editor displays the field names on the left pane. You can use the options on the right pane to adjust the fields’ properties—like formatting and conditional logic.
- Add and set the properties of all the fields you want dynamically filled out and click Save.
- If you want to test the recipient's experience, you can click Form.
Enter the test data (left form) and click Preview Document. This option gives you a side-by-side view of the data entered (left side) and the data generated in the PDF (right side).
- Click Clear to clean the fields if satisfied with the preview.
- Click Generate to get a preview and download a copy of the PDF form.
- Your fillable PDF file is ready to be used in workflows.
The customized documents are transformed into PDF templates you can reuse as needed.
You can make a copy and use the Demo Document to get started and learn more about customizing the fillable fields and setting their properties.
- Go to Documents.
- Click the Demo Document to open it in the Editor.
- From the Editor, you can preview all fields (blue areas) added to the document.
- Click on any field and review the Properties (right pane). The experience will help you learn more about specific settings and conditions for the fields you can use on your documents.