Lacerte and ProSeries create the PTDesktop folder to store temporary print job files, which can sometimes cause printing problems if not properly managed. Clearing the PTDesktop folder can refresh the programs and improve performance.
Clear the Connected Desktop cache to give both programs a fresh start.
Clearing the PTDesktop Folder
To remove files from the PTDesktop folder:
- Right-click on the screen's bottom left corner and select File Explorer.
- In the address bar, type %localappdata% and press Enter.
- Find and click on the Intuit folder.
- Navigate through the following folders in the given sequence:
Intuit>PTDesktop>Pending Print Jobs>SmartVault
- In the SmartVault folder, you will see a list of files representing print jobs that still need to be uploaded to SmartVault. Some files may contain the client's name to help keep track of pending print jobs.
- Copy and paste the files to another location on the computer, such as the desktop. This step ensures you keep essential print jobs during clearing.
- After backing up the print job files, delete them and leave the PTDesktop folder empty.
With the PTDesktop folder cleared, users can print with Lacerte or ProSeries without issues. If problems persist, consider clearing the Connected Desktop cache as well.