If you receive an email notification indicating someone unexpectedly downloaded a file or folder or a large number of files and folders in your account, you might be concerned that someone may have hacked into your account.
Viewing a document in the SmartVault Portal or SmartVault Drive downloads the file and is logged in SmartVault, which generates a notification. Some reasons why files are opened:
- The file may have been opened intentionally or unintentionally by the specific user.
- Your A/V software may have scanned the file or folders through the SmartVault Drive.
- Verify with the user that the user has not viewed the file, intentionally or unintentionally.
- Have the user change their SmartVault password if compromised to disable access with the old password.
- Disable the scan network drive option in your antivirus software.
- Download a copy of your Activity Logs.