You may receive this error:
Failed to upload the following document:
Reason: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.
Exception: SmartVault.UnknownException: Failed to upload the following document:
Resolving This Error
To resolve this issue, clear the SmartVault Connected Desktop Cache by following the directions below.
Before you proceed, ensure all files have been saved, and all your work has been closed in the SmartVault Connected Desktop. Deleting the cache without saving files will result in the loss of unsaved changes.
- Close the SmartVault Desktop.
- Navigate to the AppData/Roaming folder.
- On Windows 7, click the Start button and in the Search bar, type %AppData% and press Enter.
- On Windows 8 or 10, access the Search bar (Windows Key + S) and type %AppData% and press Enter.
- Open the SmartVault folder.
- Open the Cache folder.
- Delete the folder named after your sign-in email.
- Restart the Connected Desktop and verify that your issues have been resolved.
If this does not resolve your issue, contact our Support Team using the Contact Us web form or engage us via Live Chat on our Support site.