You might have a tax client without an email address or a tax client with an incorrect email address in Lacerte or ProSeries, so when you attempt to send a tax return to the client, you receive an error.
We recommend adding a client's email address or correcting the email address in the source of truth. Here, the source of truth refers to your tax application, meaning either Lacerte or ProSeries. After verifying the correct email address is stored in your tax application, you'll import or reimport that client to SmartVault.
This action does not consider if your guest has changed their email address, and you need to update it. To update a tax client's email address, you will first remove the old email address from the SmartVault License Manager in the portal and then follow the steps above.
Updating Client Information
- Update the client's email address from the tax software—either Lacerte or ProSeries—and save.
- Right-click on the SmartVault icon in the system tray and select Actions > Import clients.
- In the Import Clients window, select Intuit Lacerte or ProSeries and your account name. Your account name will be selected by default if you have only one account.
- Click Import.
- If you want to review all clients, choose Select All, or the type of client you want to import and click Next.
- Select the client(s) to import and click Finish.
- Once the import is complete, you should be able to see the client(s) in the SmartVault Portal and verify that the client's email address is accurate.