Some customers who use Outlook 2007 are having an issue where the SmartVault buttons are not appearing when sending a new message or when reading a message.
The issue appears to be relating to the SmartVault plug-in conflicting with other buttons or changes the user has made to the toolbar on the Messages tab. The fix below puts the SmartVault button on the Add-Ins tab.
If Outlook has disabled the SmartVault plug-in, the steps below are not going to fix this. This only helps when the plug-in is running, but not appearing, or conflicting with other buttons on your toolbar in Outlook.
Resolving This Error
- Find the SmartVault configuration file for the Outlook Plug-in on your computer.
This is usually the path:
If you don’t see the AppData folder under your folder, you will need to edit the View folder settings so that you can see hidden folders.
- Right-click the file above and select Edit.
- Change the last two configuration settings from true to false.
These two settings tell SmartVault’s plug-in to put the SmartVault button on the Add-Ins tab in Outlook, instead of on the Messages tab. Change true to false in the settings below without editing anything else, and then save the file:
- If you edited your Folder view settings in step 1, you can set it back to the original settings so you don’t see hidden folders and files.
- Run Outlook and see if this fix worked.
When you read or compose an email, you should now see the SmartVault buttons on the Add-Ins tab.