When an Assigned Employee logs into SmartVault, they will only see and work with the specific clients to which they are assigned. They will have full functionality for their client vault based on their role as a Firm Manager or Firm Employee.
Assigned Employees can send tax returns, organizers, and financial statements to those clients they have access to. This feature is ideal if you have a medium or large firm with many clients and want to segregate access to various clients.
Adding an Assigned Employee
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click Manage Employees.
- Click the + Add Employee button.
The + Add Employee button will appear deactivated if you don't have available licenses in your SmartVault account.
- Enter the employee's information and select Assigned Employee.
The fields: First Name, Last Name, and Email are required.
- Ensure the checkbox for Invite Employee is enabled if you want to invite the employee and click Save.
This action creates the employee and sends an activation email to the user.
- The employee needs to activate their account to start using SmartVault.