During tax season, there are many updates from Lacerte and ProSeries. These updates will sometimes break the integration between SmartVault and Lacerte, and ProSeries.
The fastest way to fix this is to restart your computer.
Running the PDF Repair Tool
If restarting your computer does not fix the issue, follow the steps below:
- Close Lacerte.
- Download the Lacerte Tool Hub Install file.
- Browse to the folder where the install file was downloaded and open it.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- Select Printing on the left, and click on Lacerte PDF Repair Tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the Lacerte PDF Repair tool.
- After the process is complete, press any key on your keyboard to close the tool.
- Open the SmartVault LaunchPad and click SmartVault User Settings.
- Click the Extensions tab.
- Disable all 4 years for Lacerte or ProSeries (whichever you are using) and click OK.
- Locate the SmartVault icon on the bottom right of your screen.
- Right-click and choose Exit.
- Press the Windows key and the letter E simultaneously to bring up the File Explorer.
- Enter %appdata%, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Go to SmartVault > Cache.
- Delete all of the folders and files located in the Cache folder.
- Open Lacerte or ProSeries and sign in to ProConnect.
- Open SmartVault.
- Repeat steps 4-6.
- Open Lacerte or ProSeries and select a client's tax return to print.
If the print job is successful, a message appears stating, "Upload is Complete." Or you can sign into the SmartVault Client Portal and navigate to your client's tax return folder to verify that the tax return is printed to SmartVault.
If the print job is still not successful, please contact our support team.