You can add a preparer's name so that if your tax firm works with multiple tax preparers, the name of each client's preparer appears on the tax email sent out.
You should not utilize this capability if your clients don't have individual preparers or you run a solo tax firm. Instead, you can add a customized closing section by using the custom branding in SmartVault.
Also, note that you will need to specify a preparer for ALL clients to use this feature.
Adding Preparer Names to Your Email Templates
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click Clients.
- Locate the client in your client list and click the View client information icon.
- Click the Edit client icon and click the + symbol under Preparer.
- Click the + symbol until you find the specific preparer you need. Click the X symbol next to any preparers to remove those preparers from this list.
- Click the Save changes icon.
- Click the menu icon and select Dashboard.
- Click Email Templates.
- Click Tax Return to edit your tax return email template.
- Verify that %PreparerName% is at the end of the template. Make any changes to the closing format—for example, add "Sincerely," above the %PreparerName%.
- If you make any changes, click the Save changes icon.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for all remaining clients.