While attempting to map a drive, you may receive the error message:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed.
This error is caused by a conflict where stored user information in Windows from another session is conflicting with the user information being entered now.
Resolving This Error
To resolve the error, disconnect the current SmartVault drive and then use the SmartVault drive to map it with a new user.
- Locate the SmartVault icon in the system tray, right-click, and choose Disconnect Drive.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad and click SmartVault User Settings.
- On the Preferences tab, disable the Remember my user name checkbox and then click OK.
- Exit the SmartVault Desktop software.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad and click SmartVault Drive.