This article provides a basic overview of how to add a KBA to an Envelope in DocuSign. Find out more about DocuSign Envelopes and KBAs.
If you need help with a specific DocuSign feature, log in to your DocuSign account or visit their online training center: DocuSign University.
You must complete the integration with SmartVault before you begin the steps listed below.
Adding KBAs to Documents
- Open the Connected Desktop and find a PDF, Word, or Text document you would like to get signed.
- Left-click on the document and then either left-click on Get Signature in the menu or right-click on the document and select Get Signature from the drop-down menu.
- A new web browser window will open, and you will be taken to DocuSign.
- Click on the Recipients menu on the top left of the page.
- Click Edit Recipients from the menu.
- Click More next to the name of the Recipient, whose identity needs to be verified.
- Click Add Access Authentication.
- Under Select access authentication, select Knowledge Based on the menu, then click Done.
- Send the request for Signature through DocuSign, and your Recipient will receive the request via email. Once the recipient clicks on the link to sign, they will be shown a screen similar to the following: