Knowledge-Based Authentications (KBAs) provide an extra layer of security to your e-signature transactions. You can add KBAs to a DocuSign Envelope through the SmartVault Connected Desktop.
Before you begin, you'll need to integrate your DocuSign account with SmartVault.
Please take a look at our guides on integrating an existing DocuSign account with SmartVault or creating a new one via SmartVault.
If you need help with a specific DocuSign feature, you can visit DocuSign Support.
The following video walks you through adding KBAs to a document in DocuSign.
Adding KBAs to Documents
- Launch the SmartVault Connected Desktop and locate the PDF, Word, or Text document you'd like to get signed.
- Click on the desired document to select it. Click Get Signature on the Document View Toolbar or right-click on the document and select Get Signature from the context menu.
- Sign in to your SmartVault or DocuSign account when prompted.
- DocuSign will open in a new web browser window.
- In DocuSign, click the recipient name on the top left and select Edit Recipients.
- Click Customize next to the recipient's name whose identity needs to be verified and select Add access code.
- Under Select access authentication, select Knowledge Based on the menu, and click Done.
- (Optional) On the document screen, add the required signing field(s). You can visit DocuSign Support for a guide to adding fields to a document.
- Click Send to email the request to the recipient. Once the recipient clicks on the link to sign, it takes them to a screen like this:
Running out of DocuSign Envelopes or KBAs? Purchase More DocuSign Envelopes and KBAs.