You can scan documents and attach them to a transaction or entry in QuickBooks using the SmartVault QuickBooks Toolbar and a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner.
- Create your ScanSnap scanner profiles for SmartVault.
- Right-click on your ScanSnap icon in the system tray and select Scan Button Settings.
If your scanner is not plugged in, the icon will appear with a red no symbol around it. Your scanner must have a connection to be used with the SmartVault QuickBooks Toolbar.
- Under Profile, select SmartVault Toolbar, then click Apply, and then OK.
- Open your QuickBooks company that has an associated company file stored in SmartVault.
Note: Refer to this article to add a QuickBooks company file to SmartVault if you have not previously done so.
- Open the QuickBooks entry to scan to and click the paperclip icon.
- Leaving the Attach Documents window open, feed the document into your scanner, and press the Scan button on your ScanSnap scanner.
- Depending on which SmartVault tools you currently have open, a window appears asking for your scan destination. Click Toolbar.
- The Attach Documents window now contains a preview of your scan, a file name, and a description for the scanned document.
- Click Accept if the information is correct. Otherwise, correct the name and description information and then click Accept.
SmartVault uploads and attaches the scanned document.