You can change the email address associated with your SmartVault account from your user settings. Remember that since your email address serves as your SmartVault user ID, the new email address you enter will also become your unique SmartVault user ID when logging in. If you have previously used the new email address for any SmartVault logins, you cannot change your current email address to that one.
- Once a contact has been invited to SmartVault, an Administrator cannot change their name or email address. For security reasons, the client must log in and edit their information.
- Your password must meet or exceed SmartVault's current minimum security requirements before you can update your email address.
If You Don't Have Access to Your Old Email
- For Guest/Client Users: Contact the account owner, either the individual or the firm, that originally invited you. They can send an invitation to your new email address.
- For Account Employees: If you are an employee of the company owning the SmartVault account, reach out to your account administrator for assistance.
- For Individual Account Administrators: If you are the only administrator on the account, please contact SmartVault support for assistance.
Changing Your Email Address
Before you begin, you must update the new email address in the Two-Factor Authentication Settings.
To change your email address:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
Click on your initials at the top of the screen and select Settings.
- Go to User Settings>Manage User Settings, then click My Info.
- Click Change Email.
- Enter a new email address in the Update email to field, and enter your password in the Reenter password field.
Any email address linked to SmartVault or previously linked to SmartVault cannot be used.
- Click Save Changes.
- You will receive an email with your new email address.
- Open the confirmation email you received from SmartVault, and click on the confirmation link.
You'll need to confirm your new email address before applying any changes to your account. If you don't get the confirmation email, please contact us.
- After clicking the link, you will be directed to the login page displaying your new email address and a Success dialog box. Log in using your new email address and your password.
- Your new email address is displayed in the My Info section of your account.
You must click the confirmation link to ensure the change is reflected on your My Info screen. If you fail to confirm your email address change, your My Info screen will remind you to complete the confirmation process and show the email address where the confirmation link was sent.