Since your email address also serves as your SmartVault user ID, the new email address you enter will also be your unique SmartVault user ID when logging in. If you have used the new email address to sign up for any SmartVault logins, you will not be able to change your current email address to that one.
- An Administrator cannot modify a contact's name or email address once they have been invited to SmartVault. The client will have to log in and edit their information for security reasons following the steps listed below.
- If you want to update your email address, your password must meet or exceed SmartVault's current minimum security requirements before you can change your email address.
For example, if you created a SmartVault account several years ago using an 8-digit password and you now wish to change the email address associated with it. First, you will have to update your password to the current standard (12-digits minimum) before you can change the email address on your account.
Changing Your Email Address
Before you begin, you must update the new email address in the Two-Factor Authentication Settings.
To change your email address:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
Click on your initials on the top right.
- Under Manage User Settings, click My Info.
- Click Change Email, enter a new email address in the Update email to field, and enter your password in the Reenter password field.
You cannot use an email address that is currently linked or has been linked to SmartVault in the past.
- Click Save Changes.
- An email will be sent to your new email address. You must confirm your new email address before any changes will be applied to your account.
- When the email arrives, click on the confirmation link.
Your email address will not be changed until you click on the confirmation link in the email you receive. If you do not receive the confirmation email, contact Support here.
- After clicking the link, you will be taken to a login page with your new email address and a Success dialog box. Log in using your new email address with your password.
- Your new email address is displayed in the My Info section of your account.
If you do not confirm your email address change by clicking the confirmation link in the email sent to your new email address, your My Info screen will not reflect the email address change. Your My Info screen will remind you to confirm your change and will display the email address used to mail you the confirmation link.