You can change or reset your password to protect your account or if you forget your password. You can also submit a password reset request for another user, client, or guest of your SmartVault account. The email containing the reset link goes to the person whose email address you entered on the Account Access page.
If you use SmartVault Drive, you’ll need to re-map your drive after your change your password.
SmartVault employees cannot see your password.
Resetting Your Password
- Go to the Account Access page.
- Enter your email address or the email address of the person you are resetting the password for, and click Continue.
- Check your email inbox for the SmartVault Password Reset email. Click the password reset link inside the email to finish resetting your password.
The link expires in 24 hours.
- Enter your new password, then re-type your password to confirm it in Reset Password.
Passwords with colons or semicolons are not accepted.
- Click Reset Password to finish resetting your password.
What to Do If You Did Not Receive Password Reset Email
Check for the following if you have not received a link to reset your password:
- Check your spam or junk folder to see if the email is there.
- Check the spelling of your email address, or try an alternative email address.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact or whitelist the email address in your email spam settings.
If you are still unable to reset your password, contact us.