Before You Begin
You may submit a password reset request for another user, client, or guest of your SmartVault account, but the email containing the reset link goes directly to the person whose email address you entered on the Account Access page.
If you use the SmartVault Drive, you must re-map your SmartVault Drive after you change your password.
For security reasons, SmartVault employees cannot see your password.
Resetting Your Password
- Go to the Account Access page.
- Enter your email address or the email address of the person you are resetting the password for, and click Continue. Once you submit your request, you'll receive a SmartVault password reset request email.
- Click the link in the email to reset your password.
The link expires in 24 hours.
- In the Reset Password window, enter your new password and then confirm it.
You cannot use colons or semicolons.
- Click Reset Password.
What to Do If You Did Not Receive Password Reset Email
Check for the following if you have not received a link to reset your password:
- Check your spam or junk folder to see if the email is there.
- Check the spelling of your email address, or try an alternative email address.
- Add email@example.com as a contact or whitelist the email address in your email spam settings.
If you are still unable to reset your password, contact us.