Before you can use the Outlook plug-in, you must install it. For more information, see Installing the Outlook Plug-in.
For tax and accounting plans, you must have granted access to the vault, folder, or file before the recipients to which you send these links can view the location in your SmartVault account. For more information about sharing vaults or folders, see Sharing SmartVault Folders.
For business plans, including Reckon Business and Partners Plans, you can invite clients right from the plug-in.
Sending Links to Files
To send links to files using the Outlook plug-in:
- Sign in to SmartVault on your desktop.
- Open Outlook and click New Email.
- Enter the email addresses for the intended recipient(s).
- Click the down arrow under the SmartVault Send Link button to open the menu.
- Select Send Message with Link to include a message with the link, or select Insert Link to only include the link.
- Navigate to the vault, folder, or file to send and click OK.
Here is how the message and link(s) will appear in the email body.
If you want to change the font, font color, or background color used in the message, you can visit how to customize the auto-text for the plug-in.
- Finish composing your email and click Send.