Share and manage your files securely with the SmartVault Outlook plug-in. Outlook helps you stay in compliance with state and federal data security laws.
With the Outlook plug-in, you can:
- Sync Outlook emails with your SmartVault client folders
- Save Outlook emails in your SmartVault
- Send SmartVault links in your Outlook messages
You must install Outlook on your device to use the Outlook plug-in. The Outlook plug-in is not available for Mac users.
The following video walks you through installing and getting started with the new Outlook plug-in.
Installing the Outlook Plug-in
First, install the latest version of Outlook. The SmartVault plug-in may not work in older versions of Outlook. Uninstall or remove the Outlook app from your device if you need to reinstall the latest version.
To install the SmartVault Outlook plug-in:
- Download the SmartVault Plug-in installation file.
- Close Outlook if it is open.
- Run the setup.exe file and click Install.
- If a security warning appears, click Run.
- Click Accept.
- Open Outlook.
- Enter your SmartVault User ID (email address).
- Click Get Pin. The SmartVault Client portal opens.
- Sign in to SmartVault.
If you have 2-factor authentication turned on, you will need to provide the Verification Code. This is not the PIN for the Outlook plug-in.
- Request for Access appears with a User PIN.
- Copy the PIN and go to SmartVault User ID Setup. Paste the PIN into Enter User PIN here.
It is not recommended to select "Remember me on this computer" for the security of your account.
- You will receive a success notification. Click OK.
- The SmartVault plug-in appears on the Outlook ribbon.