SmartVault integrates directly with Intuit's Lacerte or ProSeries tax apps and appears as a print destination. You may need to change your client IDs in SmartVault to match the latest client IDs in Lacerte or ProSeries.
There are several reasons why a client ID changes in Lacerte or ProSeries. Below are some examples:
- Filing status change – For example, a client may get married, so now they have a new client ID for both the client and their spouse’s joint return.
- You switch tax programs – You may switch tax programs, and your clients have been re-assigned new client IDs.
- You have to rebuild your Lacerte/ProSeries database – You rebuilt your Lacerte or ProSeries database, which results in new client IDs.
Changing Client IDs in SmartVault
- Open the SmartVault Connected Desktop.
- Right-click the client's name and select Export data.
- Click Browse, select a location for the client data, and click Save.
- Click Next.
- Click Exit after it says Completed next to the client's name.
- Right-click on the client's name again in the Connected Desktop and select Delete client.
- In Lacerte or ProSeries, make a copy of the client, and assign to the copy a new client ID/File Number.
- From the Connected Desktop, go to File > Import Data.
- Import the client with the newly assigned client ID from Lacerte or ProSeries.
- Create client engagements for each year you had originally.
- Drag and drop the client data from your locally saved backup you created in step 3 to the Connected Desktop.
If you have questions about this process, contact our support team.