Error: Could not read association information from QuickBooks. Cannot create QBXMLRP2 COM component.
Resolving This Error
Register the DLL
To resolve this issue, register the dll on your computer.
- Close QuickBooks (File > Exit).
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories and right-click on the command prompt to run as administrator.
- In the command prompt window, change the directory to QuickBooks by typing the following:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- At the QuickBooks prompt, type:
- Once the dll registers successfully, the following message displays:
DllRegisterServer in qbxmlrp2.dll succeeded.
- Restart QuickBooks
- If the error message still displays, reinstall QuickBooks. For reference on how to do a clean install of QuickBooks, follow this Intuit support link:
Rename the QBW File
Another possibility could be that the company file's name contains a special character that is not handled by SmartVault.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Browse to the folder where the QBW company file resided.
- Determine if there is a special character like an apostrophe in the name.
- Rename the company file by removing the apostrophe.
- Open the company file by browsing to the newly named company.
You should no longer receive this error message.