You can invite your clients to become SmartVault Guest Users. Guest Users have access to their own vault in your account. When you share files and folders or request documents from your clients, they'll see them in their vault. Your clients can view, upload, and download documents in their vaults, such as their tax returns and W-2s.
You can add clients at any time. However, you may want to complete this step when you set up your SmartVault account so you can invite all your clients at once.
You can also remove a client's access to SmartVault at any time.
Inviting Clients from the Portal
To invite one or more clients to your account:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select Client Management from the navigation sidebar.
- Select the clients you want to invite.
Click Actions next to a client name in your client list and select Invite Client to invite a single client.
- Click Actions next to Add Client in your client list and select Invite Clients.
- Sending Client Invites shows a list of the client(s) you invited and the status of your invites.
Inviting Clients from the Connected Desktop
To invite one or more clients to your account from the Connected Desktop:
- Open the Connected Desktop.
- Right-click on the client you want to invite and select Open client in Portal. The client information page will open in your internet browser.
- Click Invite Client on the client tool bar.
- Close Close to confirm your changes.