You can invite your clients to become SmartVault Guest Users. As Guest Users, they will have access to their own vaults within your account. When you share files and folders or request documents from your clients, they'll see them in their vaults. This access allows them to view, upload, and download documents, such as tax returns and W-2s.
You can add clients to your SmartVault account at any time. However, you may want to complete this step when you set up your SmartVault account so you can invite all your clients at once.
You can remove a client's access to SmartVault at any time.
Guest User Capabilities
In SmartVault, Guest or Client Users cannot invite other users. Inviting clients or guest users is exclusively managed by the account manager to ensure controlled access and security within your SmartVault account. If you are a Guest User and need another user to be invited to access specific documents or folders, please contact your SmartVault account manager (who invited you to create your guest account).
Inviting Clients from the Portal
To invite one or more clients to your account:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Select Client Management from the navigation sidebar.
- Select the clients you want to invite.
Click Actions next to a client name in your client list and select Invite Client to invite a single client.
- Click Actions next to Add Client in your client list and select Invite Clients.
- Sending Client Invites shows a list of the client(s) you invited and the status of your invites.
Inviting Clients from the Connected Desktop
To invite one or more clients to your account from the Connected Desktop:
- Open the Connected Desktop.
- Right-click on the client you want to invite and select Open client in Portal. The client information page will open in your internet browser.
- Click Invite Client on the client tool bar.
- Close Close to confirm your changes.