If you created a DocuSign account in SmartVault, you can add SmartVault admins and users (employees) for free. You can also help admins and users complete their DocuSign integration with SmartVault.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, make sure of the following:
- You must use your own DocuSign account: Each SmartVault user who wishes to send out documents for e-signature should have their own DocuSign account. If not, the DocuSign account administrator will receive email notifications and updates.
- You must be a SmartVault account administrator: To create a DocuSign account or purchase e-signature envelopes, you must be an administrator for your SmartVault account. Regular SmartVault users (employees) can only send documents out for e-signature.
- You can only create one DocuSign account per SmartVault account.
- Multiple SmartVault accounts are not using the same DocuSign account.
To create and integrate Docusign with SmartVault:
- Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
- Click on your initials, and then click Settings.
- In the Manage Account section, click Configure Integrations.
- Under Configure integrations, click DocuSign.
- Click the Create DocuSign account button. Do not close the SmartVault window.
- Next, open the activation message you should have received in your Inbox, and then click the Activate button. Do not close the SmartVault tab in your browser.
- When prompted, enter and confirm your password, select a security question, and click the ACTIVATE button. You will automatically be logged into your Docusign account.
- Go to the open SmartVault tab in your browser, and then click Connect an existing DocuSign account.
- Enter your DocuSign email address, and then click Continue.
- Enter your DocuSign password, and then click Log In.
- Click Accept to give SmartVault permission to integrate with your existing DocuSign account.
After your purchase is complete, the Integration Complete page displays, and you can start sending files for e-signature from the Connected Desktop or through View Files and Folders in the Portal.