This page will give you an overview of the different tools and settings available through the SmartVault Launchpad.
Tools for All SmartVault Plans
- This is a shortcut that launches your preferred web browser and takes you to the login screen for the SmartVault Portal.
- The Portal allows you to organize, share, view, and store your documents online.
- You can also manage your SmartVault account and perform administrative tasks, such as view your Activity Log or recover a file from the Recycle Bin through the Portal.
- For a glossary of SmartVault Portal terms, please click here.
- Used to quickly scan, upload, or download files without going through the SmartVault Portal.
- Available to all users but requires the user to be logged in to the Launchpad to work.
- Mostly used by Client and Guest users to scan and upload supporting documents to be attached to transactions or entries in QuickBooks or Reckon Accounts.
- Maps SmartVault as a networked hard drive available through Windows Explorer.
- It is available to all user types except Guests but requires the user to be logged in to the Launchpad to work.
- It allows you to open and save files directly into SmartVault or quickly copy files and folders into or out of SmartVault by dragging and dropping.
- If your scanner uses TWAIN drivers, you do not need to install these scanner profiles.
- Some scanners use proprietary software that will not natively scan into SmartVault, so we have created profiles for the two most popular proprietary software packages: Canon CaputureOnTouch and Fujitsu ScanSnap.
Back Up QuickBooks Data
- Used to create manual backups of your Reckon Accounts company files and save them to SmartVault
- You must be signed in to the Launchpad, and the QuickBooks or Reckon Accounts company file must be closed (all users in a multi-user environment must have the file closed) for the manual backup option to work.
- To schedule automatic backups, you must go through the Backups tab within SmartVault User Settings.
Tools for Importing & Sharing Data
SmartVault Connected Desktop
- This is a shortcut that launches the SmartVault Connected Desktop application.
- The Connected Desktop is available to Administrators, Users, and Clients (not Guests) on SmartVault Tax Plans or new Accounting Plans started after August 2015.
- The Connected Desktop allows you to scan easily, upload, email, and share documents.
- You can also search for clients and documents, edit PDFs, create new client engagements, or export your client data from the Connected Desktop.
- In Business and Accounting plans: allows you to import client contact information from Microsoft Outlook, eFileCabinent, or Excel if saved in CSV format.
- In Tax plans: allows client contact information to be imported from Intuit ProSeries, Lacerte, or DMS and CSV files. It also imports client files and historical data from DMS.
- It allows you to import data from multiple sources and multiple DMS databases and consolidate that data in one SmartVault account.
- Client contact information can be imported from Lacerte or ProSeries 2013 or later.
User Settings, Support Links, Optional Plugins
- It takes you to SmartVault's Customer Center: support.smartvault.com
- You can search for SmartVault's Knowledge Base articles or submit a support ticket.
SmartVault User Settings
- It allows you to change the default settings for your user account.
- Preferences tab: Set the Launchpad to remember your credentials or change the SmartVault Toolbar colors within QuickBooks or Reckon Accounts.
- Scanners tab: Change the default settings for your scanner when scanning to SmartVault.
- Backups tab: Select which QuickBooks or Reckon Accounts company files you would like to automatically backup to SmartVault and the frequency of those backups.
- Confirmations tab: Set default responses to the most common pop-up windows associated with SmartVault.
- Engagements tab: This allows you to control which engagement types are available when you right-click on a client within the Connected Desktop.
- Extensions tab: This allows you to grant or deny SmartVault the ability to import from or integrate with 3rd party files or programs.
- Advanced tab: Used to resolve intermittent connectivity issues with SmartVault.
Get Outlook Plug-in
- Shortcut to the SmartVault for Outlook Plugin page with a training video and download button.
You must have the SmartVault for Windows application downloaded and installed to gain access to the SmartVault Launchpad.