SmartVault users may invite their clients to create a SmartVault guest account. Guest users have their own account login and vault. As a guest user, you’ll be able to:
- Access your guest account with the SmartVault portal, connected desktop app, and mobile app
- View folders shared with you
- Download files shared with you
- Use File Exchange to upload files
- Respond to document requests
A SmartVault account administrator must invite you to create a guest account. If you have not received an invitation email, reach out to your account administrator and ask them to invite you.
Activating your Guest Account
To activate your account:
Your accountant or document preparer needs to invite you to create a SmartVault guest account. If you have not received an activation email, please contact them.
- Open your activation email from SmartVault.
- Click the SmartVault Activation link.
- Enter your phone number and password.
The rest of your information is entered automatically.
- Click Create My User.
Signing In to SmartVault as a Guest
- Go to the SmartVault portal, connected desktop app, or mobile app.
- Enter your email address and password you used to activate your guest account.
- Click Sign In.
If you have forgotten your password, click Can't sign in? and follow the instructions to reset your password.