SmartVault for Lacerte lets you send PDF copies of tax returns and documents to your SmartVault folders.
When you integrate SmartVault and Lacerte, you can:
- Print tax returns, organizers, and other supported forms so they are also stored in your client folders in SmartVault
- Create new clients while printing to SmartVault
- Create new Client Engagements for additional years
How It Works
SmartVault appears as a print option when you use Lacerte. When you choose SmartVault as your printer in Lacerte, copies of your client's tax returns and other documents are sent to SmartVault as PDF files.
SmartVault creates folders in the portal for your clients and their documents when you invite them or print their tax returns from Lacerte. You can also print multiple copies of a tax document to SmartVault, such as a Filing Copy, a Client Copy, or a Preparer Review Copy.
The video below shows you how to print tax returns to SmartVault with Lacerte.
- Grant SmartVault access to Intuit Lacerte.
- SmartVault appears as a print destination.
- Import clients from Intuit Lacerte into SmartVault.
- Invite clients to access your SmartVault account to view/download tax returns or upload their source documents.
- Review and customize the email template before you invite your clients, or use the default email templates provided by SmartVault.
- Each client will have an individual vault in SmatVault. They can only view and access folders within their vault.
- SmartVault sets the folder permissions to the recommended levels based on the default template through the invitation process. If you would like, you can customize folder permissions in the SmartVault Template Manager for each client.
- Remove a client's access to SmartVault at any time.
- Collect client source documents needed for tax preparation.
- Print your client's tax organizer directly from Intuit Lacerte into the client organizer folder in SmartVault.
- Send a notification to your clients with a secure link to their organizer from the Send Organizer dashboard. You can choose one client or 100 clients.
- View which clients have downloaded their organizers.
- Send reminders to those clients who have not viewed/downloaded their organizers.
- Get notifications from clients when they upload their Source Documents and tax organizer.
- In SmartVault, mark the organizer as "Ready to Prepare."
- Accountant/Tax Preparer prepares the client's tax return using Intuit's Lacerte tax application.
- The client's tax return is ready for review.
- SmartVault's Send Tax Return workflow makes it easy to see which of your clients' tax returns have been printed into SmartVault and which clients have been sent the Tax Return email.
- SmartVault checks that the government and client copies are properly tagged through Intuit Lacerte integration or the auto-filer, preventing clients from receiving links to files that do not exist in SmartVault.
- Send Income Tax Email to the client for review.
- In SmartVault, select the tax return document and hit "Get Signature."
- The client receives an email from DocuSign requesting its signature for filing.
- After the client completes and signs the document, the tax preparer receives an email from DocuSign and SmartVault confirming the form has been signed and returned to the SmartVault account.
- Accountant/Tax Preparer electronically files the client's tax return using Intuit's Lacerte tax application.