The SmartVault desktop software contains the following features:
- SmartVault Connected Desktop
- SmartVault Drive
- SmartVault PDF Print Driver
- SmartVault Outlook Plug-in
Note: The SmartVault desktop software is only supported on Windows-based machines.
SmartVault Connected Desktop
The Connected Desktop is the easiest way to work with the documents you store in SmartVault. The Connected Desktop is where you manage documents for specific clients.
The Connected Desktop allows you to:
- Manage files directly from your desktop
- View, edit, scan, upload, and download files
The SmartVault Drive allows you to map a drive from your desktop to SmartVault.
The SmartVault Drive allows you to:
- Access your files from SmartVault directly from your File Explorer window
Find out more about mapping the SmartVault Drive.
SmartVault PDF Print Driver
The SmartVault PDF Printer allows you to convert files to PDFs and upload those PDFs to SmartVault using the Connected Desktop, or the Inbox.
The SmartVault PDF Print Driver allows you to:
- Convert any web page or document (e.g., from Word or TaxCalc) to PDF by printing it directly into SmartVault
- Route and tag documents before importing to SmartVault
SmartVault Outlook Plugin
The SmartVault Outlook Plugin is a handy tool to have if you use Microsoft Outlook. It makes uploading, sharing, and requesting files very easy. It lets you use Outlook as the front end of your workflow when it comes to secure file sharing and managing your files.
For more information, see Installing the Outlook Plug-in.