You may receive the "Failed to Scan Document" message when scanning from the flatbed of a TWAIN Compliant Scanner.
This error message will typically display if you are using a TWAIN-compliant scanner and you select the WIA driver in the Scanner drop-down list when you try to perform one of the following tasks:
- Scan and attach a document to a QuickBooks entry using the SmartVault Toolbar
- Scan and upload a document to SmartVault using the SmartVault Inbox
Resolving This Error
To resolve this issue, complete the following tasks:
If you wish to use the document feeder for a single scanning instance, you can click Other Settings in the Attach window when you click Add to attach a document.
- Click Add to attach a document to the Inbox or QuickBooks entry.
- Select the TWAIN scanner on the menu.
- Click the Other Settings link to open the Scanner Settings dialog.
- Check the Enable the use of Document feeder checkbox.
- Click Close and press the Scan button.
If flatbed scanning is desired as the default, then change the global scanner settings in the SmartVault User Settings dialog.
- Open the SmartVault Launchpad and click User Settings.
- Click the Scanners tab and select the TWAIN scanner to be used.
- In the Options section, scroll the window and disable the Enable Document feeder option.
- Click OK.
- Try scanning the document again. The error message should no longer display.